2 July 2014
Last updated at 06:16
Officials said the bus belonged to the air force
A suicide bomber has attacked a military bus in Kabul, killing at least five people, officials say.
The blast on Wednesday morning, which reportedly took place near Kabul University, also injured several people, officials said.
Last month, presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah survived a suicide bomb attack on his convoy in the capital. Six people were killed.
Most foreign troops are due to withdraw from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
“A suicide bomber targeted an ANA [Afghan National Army] bus this morning killing five ANA officers,” interior ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi told AFP news agency.
“It was an ANA [Afghan National Army] air force vehicle,” he said, adding that four troops and five civilians were injured.
Eyewitness Abdul Kabir told Reuters news agency: “I heard a huge explosion, after that I saw smoke and dust covering the area.”
Afghanistan is awaiting results from a run-off vote to pick the country’s next president, who will replace current leader Hamid Karzai.
Mr Abdullah has alleged widespread fraud that benefits his rival Ashraf Ghani.