الأربعاء , يونيو 17 2020

Woods ‘hopeful’ of Masters return

Former world number one Tiger Woods is “hopeful” of a return for the Masters but will miss next week’s Arnold Palmer Invitational.

The 14-time major winner is

taking an indefinite break

from the game having described this year’s performances as “unacceptable for tournament play”.

“I’ve put in a lot of time and work on my game and I’m making strides,” said Woods, 39.

Woods added that he won’t return until he can “compete at the highest level”.

He has won the Arnold Palmer Invitational, held in Orlando, Florida, eight times in his career.

In a statement

on his official website, 

Woods said: “I spoke to Arnold today and told him that I will not play in his tournament this year. I’m sorry I won’t be in Orlando next week, but I know it will be a really successful event.

“I hope to be ready for the Masters, and I will continue to work hard preparing for Augusta.”

Woods, 39, withdrew injured with back problems from

last month’s event at Torrey Pines

after just 12 holes, having

missed the cut

at the Phoenix Open the week before.

The Masters in Augusta, which Woods has won four times, begins on 9 April.

شاهد أيضاً

COPTIC SOLIDARITY LAUNCHES URGENT CALL TO END CRIME OF FORCED DISAPPEARANCE OF COPTIC WOMEN IN EGYPT

A Coptic woman, Ranya Abd al-Masih (“servant of Christ”), 39, disappeared in Egypt on April 22, 2020, …