It’s a rite of passage for anyone who attends the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards – expect a sliming.
Host Nick Jonas got drenched in green slime at the annual ceremony where he was named Favourite Male Singer.
Voted for by the public, Angelina Jolie also won Best Villain for Maleficent.
Accepting the award – and escaping a sliming – she told the crowd: “When someone tells you that you are different, smile and hold your head up and be proud.”
Jolie attended the ceremony with her two of her daughters, Zahara and Shiloh.
“I was told I was different,” she said. “And I felt out of place: too loud, too full of fire, never good at sitting still, never good at fitting in.
“Cause a little trouble. It’s good for you.”
Her appearance comes in the week she revealed she’d had her fallopian tubes and ovaries removed to reduce her risk of getting cancer.
Elsewhere, Emma Stone got best actress for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 while The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth was named favourite male action star.
Performers at the show included Iggy Azalea with Jennifer Hudson and 5 Seconds of Summer, who also got drenched in slime.
Other winners included:
- Favourite Movie – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
- Favourite Music Group – One Direction
- Favourite Female Singer – Selena Gomez
- Favourite Male Singer – Nick Jonas
- Favourite Movie Actor – Ben Stiller
- Favourite Movie Actress – Emma Stone
- Favourite New Music Artist – Fifth Harmony
- Favourite Family TV Show – Modern Family