Chris Brown has been cleared to leave the Philippines after a three-day delay in the capital Manila.
The singer had pleaded with authorities to allow him to leave the country in a video he posted on Instagram, in which he got down on his knees and begged.
He’d been barred from flying out of the south-east Asian country after missing a New Year’s Eve concert last year.
“Please, please, let us leave, please,” said Brown in the video, which was later taken down.
Brown went down on his knees in what appeared to be his hotel room and ended the clip with a signature back flip.
Chris Brown can’t leave Philippines
Chris Brown denies Las Vegas fight
Chris Brown’s probation has ended
He’s now posted a new video on Twitter in which it appears he’s preparing to fly out of the country on a private jet.
Elaine Tan, spokeswoman of the Immigration Bureau, told the AP news agency that Brown has been able to obtain a certificate that allows him to leave the country.
In his now-deleted Instagram video, the 26-year-old appeared to send a distress signal to US President Barack Obama after captioning the post: “OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!”
In two Twitter posts Brown said: “This is a very serious situation and someone needs to be held accountable for mixing my name up in all this. I’ve done nothing wrong!!!
“I have nothing to do with anything going on right now. I came back to Manila to do a make-up show for New Year. I did the show three years ago,” he said.
Brown performed at an arena in Manila on Tuesday and posted an Instagram video of that show.
He’s due to play in Macau, China, on Friday night followed by a gig in Ayia Napa on Tuesday.
A gig in Jakarta, Indonesia, on Saturday has been rescheduled “due to safety concerns”.
He’s being held in Manila after he failed to show up on 31 December last year for a concert sponsored by the indigenous Christian group Iglesia ni Cristo at its 55,000-seater indoor stadium on the outskirts of the city.
He reportedly said that he’d lost his passport, so he couldn’t travel.
The justice department has stopped him from leaving until he can produce a document showing he has no legal obligations in the country.
The immigration bureau has said Brown hasn’t applied for such a document and the justice department has appointed a state prosecutor to prepare the filing of fraud charges against him.
Both Twitter posts were retweeted around 2,000 times minutes after the star uploaded them.
He has more than 14 million followers and 12 million on Instagram.
Brown posted his rant on his Instagram on Thursday as he break-danced, apparently making fun of his situation.
But his tone was more serious on Friday, as he realised it could affect his world tour.
Brown is also scheduled to perform in Israel and Beirut next week before returning to the US for more concerts, starting in Kansas City on 12 August.
Asked about Brown’s case, US embassy spokesman Kurt Hoyer told the AFP news agency: “The embassy assists its citizens who are in need.”
Philippine immigration officials as well as Brown’s promoter and spokeswoman were unavailable for comment on Friday.